singa-dev mailing list archives

From Omar Eljumaily <o...@omnicode.com>
Subject Re: Singa build dependencies
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2016 19:14:01 GMT
Thank you zhongle.

I have a question about protobuf.

I get this error:

fatal error C1189: #error:  This file was generated by an older version
of protoc

It comes from core.pb.h

It seems like there's a requirement that only protobuf version 2005000
would be accepted since the libprotobuf.lib and protoc version 2005000
would be the only version that satisfies both of the following
conditions.  Am I correct?  Should I download 200500 and rebuild using
that?

#if GOOGLE_PROTOBUF_VERSION < 2005000
#error This file was generated by a newer version of protoc which is
#error incompatible with your Protocol Buffer headers.  Please update
#error your headers.
#endif
#if 2005000 < GOOGLE_PROTOBUF_MIN_PROTOC_VERSION
#error This file was generated by an older version of protoc which is
#error incompatible with your Protocol Buffer headers.  Please
#error regenerate this file with a newer version of protoc.
#endif

Thanks,

Omar

On 11/8/2016 7:51 PM, Xiezhongle wrote:
> Hi Omar,
>
> You can refer to the document from our github repo.
> The link is: https://github.com/apache/incubator-singa/blob/master/doc/en/docs/dependencies.md
>
> Should you have any further questions, please let us know.
>
> Have a good day.
>
> Best,
> zhongle

about missing dependencies.  I tried to find the dependencies link on the Apache site and
it seems to be missing.