singa-dev mailing list archives

From ooibc <oo...@comp.nus.edu.sg>
Subject Re: Question about model parallelism and multi-GPUs
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 00:33:09 GMT

fyi, in case you are not in the dev@ list.

There is a typo below: ancestor-->descendant (MXNet was introduced on
9/28).

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: development plan for SINGA
Date: 2015-11-10 22:28
 From: ooibc <ooibc@comp.nus.edu.sg>
To: dev@singa.incubator.apache.org

Based on our quick check at the release of Tensorflow and online
discussions, it appears to be 2x slower than MXNet (ancestor of CXXNET)
on cifar10 dataset, and it contains older
codes like cudnn-v2. This could be just a form of crowdsourcing at work.

SINGA is data flow centric in design, and provides simple interfaces,
from layer abstraction to neural net structure, model
configuration/mapping, model/data partitioning, function overriding, and
training framework configuration.

So, we are good and we should keep to the development/release plan
outlined in
     http://singa.apache.org/develop/schedule.html

Thanks, and Happy Deepavali (to those who celebrate)!

regards
beng chin