singa-dev mailing list archives

From Wang Wei <wang...@comp.nus.edu.sg>
Subject Problems on using CMS
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2015 03:46:04 GMT
Hi Infra,

I am from Incubator-SINGA project.
We are using CMS to manage our documentations. Here are some problems we
have encountered.

1. The web page cannot list all the files. I have tried to force new
working copy, but some files are still missing from the list.
[image: Inline image 1]
I can see all files in the svn folder
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/singa/site/trunk/content/markdown/docs/
.

2. We cannot receive emails notification from anonymous' updates although
they do tell CMS to send an email to dev@singa....

3. I cannot commit the updates from anonymous users, the CMS reports:
     Conflict

       A conflict in the working copy obstructs the current operation:
Commit failed (details follow)::  Aborting commit:
'/usr/local/cms/wc/singa/wangwei-anonymous-f0ZIJv/trunk/content/markdown/docs/
data.md' remains in conflict at
/usr/local/cms/webgui/lib/ASF/CMS/WC/Commit.pm line 64

     Please visit the following *uri for recovery steps*.

When I click the uri for recovery steps, it reports:
     Can't resolve this resource as it doesn't appear to be in a conflicted
state.

4. Does the gitpubsub support CMS? Can we switch to gitsubpub without
changing the building tool (we are using maven). Using git with github, we
can review and comment non-committer's documentation patch easily.

Thank you.

Regards,
Wei