singa-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Horn Incubation Proposal
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2015 05:46:37 GMT
On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 10:19 PM, Wang Wei <wangwei@comp.nus.edu.sg> wrote:

> If you know developers from Horn, you can introduce them to us.
> Or if you have any other suggestions, please let us know.

It seems you are already talking to the key player on Horn, Edward Yoon.
>From my experience, he will be completely focussed on doing the work within
Hamas and it will be difficult to find a middle ground.

> BTW, we are going to release the first version of SINGA.
> Do you have any suggestions on the release? (Since this is the first
> release, we are not quite clear on the process)

Yes.  The process will take longer than you expect because the things that
are critical in an Apache release are very different from the things that
are important in the releases you have been doing.

In particular, the packaging, signing and licensing checking will take much
more time than you expect.