shiro-user mailing list archives

From Brian Demers <brian.dem...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MFA - Possible Solution?
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2017 15:01:21 GMT
This is a great thread, thanks Björn and Richard!

These two approaches are very similar. The AllSuccessfulStrategy (or a
custom one) would be important here if you want to ensure both realms have
been queried, but I'm assuming this will fail the initial
authentication request due to the 2nd factor not being present (Björn, it
sounds like you have something working, so please correct me if i'm wrong).

Checking to see if the 2nd factor was checked 'isMfaOk()' could also be an
Authorization check (a permission check of 'user:2factor', or something)
Your 2nd realm would still need to verify the AuthC for the token.  But
your application's resources could require the 2nd factor or not by using:
subject.checkPermission("user:2factor"), or equivalent annotation.