shiro-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Vermeerbergen <avermeerber...@gmail.com>
Subject Is Shiro 1.3.0 required for using Hazelcast for Sessions?
Date Sun, 15 May 2016 21:44:16 GMT
Hi,

I'm considering the use of Hazelcast for sharing sessions across several
hosts, but reading http://shiro.apache.org/caching.html it seems like
Hazelcast integration in Shiro is still not available - given that latest
stable release is Shiro 1.2.4.

Shiro-dev list doesn't show any recent trend to release a stable 1.3.0
release.

However, I found this page showing a sample use of Hazelcast for session
clustering https://github.com/stormpath/shiro-hazelcast-web-sample.

According the pom.xml file of this project, it works with Shiro 1.2.1

The sample shows that Hazelcast usage from currently stable Shiro versions
is rather simple.

I am going to follow the sample for my need, but I am wondering what Shiro
1.3.0 is supposed to bring with regard to Hazelcast integration.

Thanks,
Alex