shiro-user mailing list archives

From Konrad Zuse <thekonradz...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Configuring Shiro Programatically
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2014 18:46:11 GMT
Very detailed, but from what you said "steve" logs in, but Robert does not.

I believe Steve is the correct way the hashed passwords are supposed to work.  The salt and
hash are usually together it seems, but I'm not sure if Steve has a salt attached or not.

At least this is how the command line hasher works

http://shiro.apache.org/command-line-hasher.html

It will then ask you to enter the password and then confirm it:Password to hash:
Password to hash (confirm):
When this command executes, it will print out the securely-salted-iterated-and-hashed password.
For example:$shiro1$SHA-256$500000$eWpVX2tGX7WCP2J+jMCNqw==$it/NRclMOHrfOvhAEFZ0mxIZRdbcfqIBdwdwdDXW2dM=
Take this value and place it as the password in the user definition line (followed by any
optional roles) as defined in the INI Users Configuration documentation. For example:[users]
user1 = $shiro1$SHA-256$500000$eWpVX2tGX7WCP2J+jMCNqw==$it/NRclMOHrfOvhAEFZ0mxIZRdbcfqIBdwdwdDXW2dM=
You will also need to ensure that the implicit iniRealm uses a CredentialsMatcher that knows
how to perform secure hashed password comparisons. So configure this in the [main] section
as well:[main]
passwordMatcher = org.apache.shiro.authc.credential.PasswordMatcher
iniRealm.credentialsMatcher = $passwordMatcher
Granted I believe there are ways to set the salt as another DB item, or even from another
server I believe I read.

I wish there was more I could do to help, I will have to try my code and see how it works
or not.

My buddy seemed to have everythign working when I helped him, so i'm not too sure.