shiro-user mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject How find which realms authenticated a token/subject
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2014 12:09:09 GMT
Hi folks,

We have an integration between Apache Isis [1] and Shiro.  One of the
things we try to do is to obtain the roles of the subject so we can expose
this to the application [2]

However, it's clear when I wrote this that I misunderstood the way that
Shiro works.  As I understand it, Shiro will - depending on the configured
AuthenticationStrategy - authenticate based on possibly just one of the
realms defining that user.

When I loop around to obtain the roles for the user, I really only want to
ask the realm that authenticated that user, not any of the others.  As you
can see in [2], I'm currently asking all the realms for the roles for the
user; and this then blows up.

So the question is: is there a way to determine which realm(s) a subject
has been authenticated by?

Hope the question makes sense...

Thx
Dan