shiro-user mailing list archives

From Toadie <toadie...@gmail.com>
Subject Authz without Authentication
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2013 16:20:47 GMT
I am looking for a light-weight Authorization framework for our application
without an explicit requirement for Authentication.   I have spent the last
few days looking at the docs/samples and tutorial in SHIRO but am not able
to find a simple solution without having to include either a full blown
SecurityManager and/or Realms.

Basically, i am very much interested in the WildCardPermission scheme.
Our application is machine-to-machine communication.  The authentication is
already hardwired and can't be changed.

The permission model is also already defined but can be modified to export
permissions in WildCardPermission scheme.   I only have access to the
User/Machine Login ID and Roles so I can't really leverage
authentication.

Are there any examples within the community that illustrates that?

Thanks in advance.