shiro-user mailing list archives

From ajoslin103 <allen.jos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I do Shiro without Sessions ?
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 14:56:17 GMT
Yes,

	I had come to that understanding over the last day or so

	I am working on a subclass of AbstractSessionDAO

	I'm going to use a memchached postgre table to store the values

	I struggled w/EhCache for a few days to no avail before I wrote this note - and it's deprecated
anyway as of 4/2013

	It's good to know my understanding of shiro is starting to converge

Thanks
al;

On Sep 11, 2013, at 10:48 AM, Stuart Broad [via Shiro User] <ml-node+s582556n7579121h88@n2.nabble.com>
wrote:

> Hi Al,
>
> I would think you still need sessions (even if they never expire...or at last a long
time!).  Sounds more like your problem is building a subject with some information from a
cookie (in most cases this cooke information would essentially be the session id).