shiro-user mailing list archives

From dgv <derrylvargh...@gmail.com>
Subject Decoding AuthenticationException on login.jsp
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 14:17:01 GMT
Hi,
I am trying to figure out how to lock out a user after 3 unsuccessful
attempts. I am using the formAuthenticator to log my user in (no explicit
login calls). One approach i am pursuing is to capture the exception thrown
when a login fails and maintain a session count. When the count hits 3, lock
the user out.

When i print this in the login.jsp, i get
"org.apache.shiro.authc.AuthenticationException".

<%
		String errorDescription =
(String)request.getAttribute("shiroLoginFailure");

                       if (errorDescription!=null) {

						%>
							<%=errorDescription%>
						<%
							}
						%>

This does not tell me if the login failed because the credentials failed to
match or if openLDAP was not available in the backend (server down). How can
i get Shiro to throw a more specific error (InvalidCredentials, etc...) to
help me detect a failed login and lock out a user?