shiro-user mailing list archives

From John Moore <gra...@jmsd.co.uk>
Subject Re: Need to avoid Multiple Logins using Same username password on two different machines.
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 14:45:44 GMT
[APOLOGIES IF THIS APPEARS TWICE - I SENT IT TO THE MAILING LIST ORIGINALLY
BUT IT DIDN'T APPEAR. THIS IS VIA NABBLE]

On 13/02/13 07:11, sdama123 wrote:
> Hi,
> I am new to Shiro, I would like to know your help for the following
> things.
>
> 1. How to avoid login to the web application using same username and
> password on two different machines at a time. i.e if one user logged in,
> using username1 and password1 we should stop logging in using the same
> credentials by another person in different machine if first one is not
> logged out.

If you're using the Single Sign On capability which comes with Shiro session
sharing, as discussed here -
http://shiro-user.582556.n2.nabble.com/Session-and-SSO-td3294375.html - you
can simply test for the existence of that Subject (in Shiro terms) in the
session and deny the login if it already exists.

John