shiro-user mailing list archives

From jeffp <jeff3o...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: unclean shutdown of Tomcat
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2012 21:07:21 GMT
OK, mystery solved.  Sorry its taken me a bit of time to get back to
responding.

The problem was a bad data access configuration that left a database
connection open.  When the pool eventually ran out of connections, the
sessions began to stack up and wait -- which were tied to the Shiro
ThreadLocal.  This caused the application to "stop functioning" so when we
bounced Tomcat the messages came flowing out.

Now that the connections are going back to the pool, we're clean on
shutdown.  Thanks Les!