shiro-user mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting Java Applet same authentication as browser session
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 17:01:28 GMT
If I understand your question correctly, I think our spring sample app
demonstrates what you desire:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/trunk/samples/spring/

The basic idea is that web app's session ID must be passed in as an
init param to the applet (or Java Web Start application).  The applet
or JWS app will send the session id with every request and the server
side remoting endpoint must get the session ID, create a subject
instance based on the Session ID, bind it to the thread, execute the
invocation, and then clean the thread.

This kind of logic is shown here for a Spring-specific remote
invocation, but the concept works the same for any environment:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/trunk/support/spring/src/main/java/org/apache/shiro/spring/remoting/SecureRemoteInvocationExecutor.java

HTH!

--
Les Hazlewood | @lhazlewood