shiro-user mailing list archives

From Andreas PrieƟ ...@metaphysis.net>
Subject Re: SimpleSession serialization - fields written twice
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 12:08:29 GMT
Hi Les,

I just had a look at the chapter about serialization in "Effective Java"
to see what the rationale is about. As you mentioned
defaultWriteObject() should be used, but the example in the book also
clearly shows that all fields with customized serialization must not be
serializable for the default mechanism executed by defaultWriteObject(),
so they should normally be transient.

The problem with shiros SimpleSession is that the fields are _not_
marked transient and are therefore in fact written out twice.

The solution should not be to remove defaultWriteObject() but to mark
all the fields transient.

(Looked at source checked out on 2011-09-06.)

HTH,

Andreas