shiro-user mailing list archives

From gcollins <gareth.o.coll...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SecurityManager Null Issue In Web App
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 02:02:09 GMT
Hello,

My apologies. I found what the problem was. It was an OSGI refresh issue.

shiro-core has an optional dependency on commons-beanutils. I didn't realise
this until I had already loaded the shiro bundles and had done some initial
tests.
When I added the commons-beanutils bundle (after realising it was now
required),
shiro-core didn't automatically pick up the now available commons-beanutils,
thus it
could not initialize my servlet correctly.

To fix the problem, I needed to explicitly "refresh" the shiro-core bundle.

regards,
Gareth