shiro-user mailing list archives

From Ryan <rnidef...@gmail.com>
Subject retrieve session based on principal
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 23:17:26 GMT
I'm developing a non-webapp service that requires session support. Users
authenticate by providing a username and password, and their session must
persist for 12 hours. There is no way to enforce a session id from the
client when the client returns to the system - instead I need to lookup the
session by principal (username). I had a custom session solution in place
that allowed this search, and I'm in the process of replacing it with Shiro.
So far I've configured a DefaultSessionManager using an EhCacheManager as
the backing store. How do you suggest I accomplish this? Is it sufficient to
create a custom SessionDAO implementation that keys on username instead of a
generated session id? Ideally both would be available.

Thank you,
Ryan