shiro-user mailing list archives

From Mark Engel <mark.c.en...@gmail.com>
Subject use shiro with google guice
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 05:58:54 GMT
Hello,

i tried to use Apache Shiro with Google Guice in a Servlet, but the
Dependency Injection does not work.
When I try to access a function that is protected by shiro I get an
error about a wrong configuration

org.apache.shiro.UnavailableSecurityManagerException: No
SecurityManager accessible to the calling code, either bound to the
org.apache.shiro.util.ThreadContext or as a vm static singleton.  This
is an invalid application configuration.

I created an example project which uses Apache Shiro, Google Guice and
Jersey to bootstrap an example rest api which you can find on github
(https://github.com/mren/java-rest-boilerplate)

Could you help me to get this application running with Shiro?
This project could be shown on the website as an example on how to use
Shiro with other IoC Containers thant Spring.

What is the cleanest way to use Shiro with Guice?