shiro-user mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Call for suggestions: how can Shiro's LDAP support be improved?
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 17:53:20 GMT
Hi folks,

The latest LDAP support currently is in the form of the JndiLdapRealm.

Unfortunately, this name has confused enough people - often they think
they need to be using JNDI in order to use it (this is not the case -
the JNDI API itself is used as an implementation strategy, and it does
not require that anything be actually stored in JNDI, but that's
beside the point).

Because of this, there is a Jira issue to rename it to something else
for the next release (i.e. deprecate JndiLdapRealm and create a
'DefaultJndiRealm' or something like that).  When we do that, we have
the opportunity to make it better and/or add features.

What is missing from Shiro's LDAP support that you would need in order
to use it 'out-of-the-box' with your apps?  Ideally I'd like to get as
much in there such that subclassing is rarely necessary.

All suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,

Les