shiro-user mailing list archives

From Snehesh <snehesh.mi...@gmail.com>
Subject Integrating Shiro, Am i writing too much code?
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2011 13:52:14 GMT

Hi

Apologies if the following has already been answered, but i tried my best to
look for it and finally thought of posting the same.

I have been reading and looking into Shiro for sometime now. The idea was to
use this for our services layer. This layer is accessed by n number of front
ends and hence we decided to have security at this layer.

Also as this is a SAAS based multi tenant application, i am not able to use
any out of the box Realms, AuthenticationInfo, Token etc. The more i try to
integrate the more i end up overriding. I am not sure if this is the right
way to do it as by the end of the integration i would have probably
overridden a huge amount of code.

My question here is that do we have a standard guideline as to what all
should be extended/overridden if one needs a custom realm.

Also to give an idea on our application:
- I use Hibernate for database access
- Authentication is based on username, tenant name/tenant id and password

It looks like a very slight deviation from the out of the box
functionalities but its forcing me to write everything again.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
Snehesh