shiro-user mailing list archives

From Lothar Werzinger <lot...@tradescape.biz>
Subject Cant access subject with Eclipse RAP
Date Sat, 08 Jan 2011 00:20:09 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to use Shiro with an Eclipse RAP web application in a tomcat6
container.

I configured a ShiroFilter in the web.xml and Shiro does indeed ask for the
login and verifies it correctly.

However in the application code I get a UnavailableSecurityManagerException:

org.apache.shiro.UnavailableSecurityManagerException: No SecurityManager
accessible to the calling code, either bound to the
org.apache.shiro.util.ThreadContext or as a vm static singleton.  This is an
invalid application configuration.

This is probably due to the equinox servletbridge.

I then added code to initialise the SecurityManager in my app manually and
register my realm with it. After that I can get a subject, but it is not
authorised:

I do get a principal from the HttpServletRequest (and that shows that Shiro
initially did authorise me):

  HttpServletRequest request = RWT.getRequest();
  request.getRemoteUser() => lothar
  request.getUserPrincipal() => lothar
  request.getUserPrincipal().getClass().getName() =>
org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.ShiroHttpServletRequest$ObjectPrincipal

But if I try to access the Shiro subject I get:

  Subject subject = SecurityUtils.getSubject();
  subject.isAuthenticated() => false
  subject.getPrincipal() => null

Any help is highly appreciated.