shiro-user mailing list archives

From Bruce Phillips <bphill...@ku.edu>
Subject Upgraded From JSecurity 0.9 To Shiro 1.1.0 - Permissions No Longer Work
Date Sun, 09 Jan 2011 02:56:32 GMT

I'm updating a series of Shiro tutorials I wrote in April 2009, when Shiro
was knows as JSecurity and was in version 0.9.  These tutorial are linked to
from the Shiro website (http://shiro.apache.org/articles.html).

The first four tutorials updated just fine.  However, my last tutorial on
how to use permissions in Shiro has a problem.  After upgrading to Shiro
1.1.0 - permissions no longer work.  Everything else is working - user
authentication and role checking.

I reviewed the documentation and API for 1.1.0 and it looks like permissions
should work the same as they did in JSecurity 0.9.

The updated article with download is here:

http://www.brucephillips.name/blog/index.cfm/2009/5/1/An-Introduction-to-Ki-formerly-JSecurity--A-Beginners-Tutorial-Part-5

Both the roles admin and staff have permission of secure in the
roles_permissions table.  But when logging in with users (jack@hotmail.com
or bruce@hotmail.com) who have those roles, the
subject.isPermitted("secure") statement returns false.

Any help would be appreciated so that I can this last tutorial working
correctly with Shiro 1.1.0.

Bruce Phillips