shiro-user mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Shiro with Icefaces.
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 17:52:36 GMT
The 'authc' filter is an instance of the FormAuthenticationFilter
class by default.  This means it is expected that the underlying page
that is served has a form in it, and that form has 'username' and
'password' form fields and an optional 'rememberMe' field.

The FormAuthenticationFilter will automatically look for those form
fields, construct a UsernamePasswordToken accordingly, and call
subject.login(token) automatically.  You don't need to write a servlet
or JSP to do that logic.  You just need to ensure that the form is
served - either via a normal .html page or a JSP/JSF or whatever page.

Now, if you _do_ want to process the submission yourself (construct
the token and call subject.login manually), because you want to use
your own MVC framework, or to customize how error messages are
displayed, or for whatever other reason, you should use the
PassThruAuthenticationFilter instead:

[main]
# override authc to 'pass thru' to an underlying MVC mechanism:
authc = org.apache.shiro.web.filter.authc.PassThruAuthenticationFilter
authc.loginUrl = /login.whatever
roles.unauthorizedUrl = /unauthorized.whatever

[urls]
/secure/** = authc, roles[user]
/admin/** = authc, roles[admin]
/** = authc