shiro-user mailing list archives

From Tauren Mills <yowza...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: thanks wicket-shiro developers
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 23:13:56 GMT
Fernando,

> It was very useful and very well organize the dependecies between project -
> wicket-shiro, wicket-shiro-example-base, wicket-shiro-example-realm,
> wicket-shiro-example-spring-hibernate. I could get started in an easy way
> using wicket-shiro project. It has all necessary things to get started for a
> role authorization. More than enough.

Glad to hear this!

> I have to say that the filter been in use in wicket-shiro prject is
> shiroFilter while the most new is IniShiroFilter. Despite this, it works
> fine.

I'll look into fixing that then. It's easy to get commit access to
wicketstuff if you want to contribute any improvements.

> Right now, I am using my app with wicket-shiro and if I can solve some
> doubts I have I will add some authorization funcionality soon. I think this
> is a much simpler project than wasp warm wicket authorization based in jaas.
> I was encourage to look at this project because I felt very uncomfortable
> with jaas.

I looked into WASP briefly as well and came to the same conclusion. Way too
complex. I also looked at spring security, but it didn't seem as flexible.
Shiro (JSecurity at the time) really stood out as a much simpler and more
capable solution.

> I think there is a need for more articles about shiro and specially with
> wicket. It will be taken very seriously.

I completely agree. I hope that with a shiro release in maven, that more
wicket developers will find it in wicketstuff. Personally, I feel that shiro
should be considered as the default security provider for wicket in general,
but I'm not sure the wicket commiters would agree. There is a conversation
about that on the wicket list.

Good luck!
Tauren