shiro-user mailing list archives

From Kalle Korhonen <kalle.o.korho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Aspectj integration
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2010 16:25:56 GMT
I'm not quite sure what you are proposing, J-C, but I can look over it
and help creating the aspectj module (having heavily used aspectj
before). J-C, can you elaborate more on it, what's the generalized
concept here? I.e. how are you thinking on processing the annotations
yet make it extensible?

Kalle

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 7:55 AM, Les Hazlewood <lhazlewood@apache.org> wrote:
> J-C,
>
> If you contribute a patch, can you ensure that you create a new child
> Maven module under the support directory? i.e. support/aspectj?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Les
>
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 10:48 AM, Les Hazlewood <lhazlewood@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi J-C,
>>
>> This is a big +1 from me.  I would love if you could contribute this
>> back to Shiro, as it is something I've worried about for a while, but
>> haven't had the time to work on personally.
>>
>> Could you please add what you've done in the form of a patch or .zip
>> attachment (or both if necessary) to a Jira issue?  I'm very excited
>> to see what you've done!
>>
>> Thanks for offering to help - it is much appreciated!
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Les
>>
>> P.S.  Please join the dev list if you haven't already for any tech
>> discussions related to the submissions.
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Jean-Cédric Desrochers
>> <jcdesrochers@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> First of, I want to say that what you've done is great. I was looking for a framework
to help me setup security in our platform and Shiro is exactly what I needed.  It's a simple
framework that do not pretend to perform everything for you and (best of all) it's "embeddable"
in any situation. It does not provide built-in audits (which is a requirement I have), but
I can easily do that myself using the events generated by the framework.

>>> In my case, the situation is not a web app and not a spring container. We want
to perform authorization based on annotations for seamless development and integration. However
I realized that it is not currently available for me... only spring-aop can do this for now.
I looked in the forums and I found that I'm not the only one that want's to do that.

>>> So I decided to jump in and do what it needed to use aspectj for what I wanted
to do (validating actions programmatically is not really an option for me). I currently have
a prototype working and I need to work on the run-time now: integration of the compiler and/or
the code weaving (in a seamless manner). But nonetheless, I thing it could be a great addition
to Shiro. Would you guys be interested in a donation so that the community can benefit???