shiro-user mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: google app engine
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2009 16:52:02 GMT
After looking at the code, I think only a 'getHost' method should be
used.  This maintains a 1:1 association with existing calls.
Otherwise we'd have to duplicate those methods almost everywhere the
InetAddress was accessed previously - a less than ideal refactoring
exercise I think.

If additional information is needed for more special use-cases, custom
interfaces and/or token implementations can easily be used.

- Les

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Les Hazlewood <lhazlewood@apache.org> wrote:
> I was going to create a HostAuthenticationToken interface to replace
> the InetAuthenticationToken with methods:
>
> getHostname() : String
> getHostAddress() : String
>
> The implementations would mirror the ServletRequest's getRemoteHost()
> and getRemoteAddr() methods respectively (but could be used outside of
> a Servlet environment of course).
>
> For XMPP, if this doesn't make sense, you could always just create a
> custom UsernamePasswordToken subclass that implements an
> XmppAuthenticationToken interface that returns the JID or whatever
> else you may need.
>
> Let me know if anyone has any objections or further ideas.
>
> Regards,
>
> Les
>
> On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 9:00 AM, Jason <jeacott@hardlight.com.au> wrote:
>> cool - this will also mean I can use an XMPP jid instead of an inetAddress
>> here which would be very handy.
>>
>> Les Hazlewood wrote:
>>>
>>> We didn't receive any objections to this change, so I've created an
>>> issue to track it:
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHIRO-121
>>>
>>> Regards,

There