shiro-user mailing list archives

From Achint Srivastava <achin...@hotmail.com>
Subject IP address based authorization
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 21:14:11 GMT

We want to add IP based authorization to our system in addition to username/password. This
means that users coming from an IP address X have permissions to certain resources without
having to login. Is that possible to model in Shiro? From what I have looked at it seems difficult.
I basically want to add IP address as a principal to the subject so that when authorizing
I can get permissions based on both IP address and/or User ID, but there doesn't seem to be
a way to set principals without authenticating.
Thanks,
Achint

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222986/direct/01/