shiro-user mailing list archives

From gkaur <gk...@vonage.com>
Subject Centralize authentication Server Model for SSO
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 14:07:25 GMT

Hi,

I don't think we want to go the route of having federated sessions among
different applications to remember user info as our, sessions could get
humongous as more users log in, but instead have centralized authentication
server. Is there something in Shiro that provides a centralized server...i.e
somehow all the servlets even on separate boxes forward the request to Shiro
and Shiro applies some filter on the request to see if the user is
authenticated and send a response back to the servlet?

-Gurpreet