shiro-user mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache JSecurity/Ki rename - please submit suggestions!
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 19:39:06 GMT
Hi Maarten,

This is a good question.

There is nothing in TESS that shows a potential naming conflict other than a
result.  That is, if you execute a search for all active entries, and a
result comes up, odds are high that it would not be a good candidate.  Or if
you do see a result, be sure it is not software related in any way.

You're right that "Apache Ki" would have been the official name if it stood,
but the Incubator seemed to come to a consensus that we should change the
name just in case.  They felt it would be best to find a name with no
overlap anywhere, just to be safe;  they're trying to limit the possibility
of anyone starting legal action contending for a name - they could not
afford to deal with that if it ever surfaced.

Cheers,

Les