shiro-user mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [grails-user] JSecurity Saving POST data?
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2009 18:10:57 GMT
No, it wouldn't quite work like that.  Its not usually a nice thing to have
POST parameters encoded as GET parameters, visible to the end-user ;)  Plus
you're right, REST isn't so nice about that.

The solution might work like this:

since we have control over the Request/Response pair, we could do something
snazzy where, if the SavedRequest in the session is a POST request, we can
manually construct a Request object indicating a POST method and send that
into the filter chain directly instead of the originating GET Request given
to us by the Servlet container.

So, in essence, a GET would be redirected as a GET, and a POST would be
redirected as a POST.  It would work in a REST scenario because the
SavedRequest is stored in the session.

But this again assumes that this is even desirable (POST redirect).  We
could make it configurable I suppose (enablePostRedirects = true/false) in
the JSecurityFilter configuration if someone didn't like that idea.

In any event, if this is something that someone wants, please open a Jira
issue, otherwise we won't spend time on it ;)

Cheers,

Les