shiro-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Haile <jha...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: How to use my own realm?
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2008 20:32:21 GMT
Hey John,

Most users building webapps with JSecurity use the JSecurityFilter,
which is easier than declaring the security manager yourself.  Check
out web.xml in the quickstart app included in the sample app for an
example.

If you are using Spring, you will want to declare the
SpringJSecurityFilter.  Using this filter, if you want to use the
default security manager, you can simply declare a Realm in spring and
the filter will automatically use it.  If you want to configure the
security manager manually, you can just drop the security manager in
your Spring application context, and the SpringJSecurityFilter will
automatically pick that up.

If you want to use the default JSecurityFilter without spring, you can
specify a custom realm by adding a [main] section to your JSecurity
config (either specified in web.xml or in jsecurity.ini) such as:
myRealm = com.mydomain.MyRealm

Hope this helps you get started.  Let me know if you run into any
problems!

Jeremy