shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Demers <bdem...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Change HEAD to 1.4.x
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2016 17:35:28 GMT
I think everything from master (2.0-alpha) has been merged into 1.4 except
for a couple things: the biggest of which is breaking up the modules into
smaller bits, and the following two commits

*3a9207fd82eefd867924fcbcdd449bdbe050bb41* Incomplete - SHIRO-21: Add
OpenId as an authentication mechanism - change RelyingPartyRealm to extend
AuthenticatingRealm only, openid isn't an authorization protocol

*8bdf23f5de4d502eae7354319887c05cb38c179b* SHIRO-206: Added initial
implementation based on patch  <<<<< Faces

The branches were split back in SVN, so dissecting the changes wasn't
trivial.  For the sake of this discussion/vote lets assume this is the
case, (but double check before any work is done)

I propose we:
1. back port the module splitting to 1.4.
  (this is a semver gray area, but all package names are unchanged, and
Maven dependency's resolution ensures all of the classes are available the
same way as today)
2. Remove faces module from master (there is a separate thread on the on
going support of this, and we can pull it back in at a later date)
3. Move the OpenId commit above to a 'WIP' pull request
4. Remove the 'master' branch, and change the HEAD ref (default branch) to
be 1.4.x
5. Release 1.4

6+. Create a new 2.0.x branch off of 1.4.x ( Update to JDK 1.8, etc )

Reasons:
* Cherry picking to master is a bit of a pain
* People are grabbing the current master, i think our current default
branch _should_ be what the next minor release branch is.
* Clean history, the old svn commits between the old trunk, and 1.2.x were
did not always use the same commit message, and the git-svn-id are always
different between the branches.

Vote is open for lazy consensus
<http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#LazyConsensus> for 72 hours.
(Personally I'd like to hear thoughts around #1 and #4, as the others are
just side effects of doing those actions)