shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Darin Gordon <dar...@gmail.com>
Subject *practical* use cases of the multithreaded callable / runnable facilities in Shiro
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2015 09:50:09 GMT
Looking for some concurrency guidance here, please!

I haven't found much concrete information but rather generalizations about
how the multi-threading facilities *could* be used in Shiro.
Multi-threaded applications handle threading away from Shiro, and so its
not clear to me why Shiro has its own facility.

I hope that by asking for help here someone will generously clarify what
the specific, practical use cases are.  The most illuminating explanations
was available from the wiki [1]

Custom code blocks:  As per the wiki, one use case is to run "custom code
blocks" just for system/daemon scenarios.   I cannot envision what these
custom blocks are.  Cache invalidation doesn't require such conformity.  I
don't know what these is referring to!   what scenarios are we considering?

Integration Testing:  This is a bit more intuitive-- test permissions for a
specific subject.  However, is this type of user permission validation
testing a realistic production scenario:  test a wide range of permissions
for user X, concurrently, to confirm authorization is as expected for user
X?  Maybe this isn't what is intended, so I ask for clarification.

As you can see I am struggling to understand the practical, real-world use
cases with the information available to me.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SHIRO/Subject

DG