shiro-dev mailing list archives

From jleleu <lel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: open items for shiro 2.0
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2015 14:51:19 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to propose to replace the CAS support (shiro-cas module) by a new
shiro-pac4j module which supports the CAS, SAML, OpenID (Connect), OAuth
and Google App Engine mechanisms. It would be a revamp of the buji-pac4j
extension which is widely used and maintained for years. The CAS support
available in buji-pac4j is ahead of the official one in Shiro (proxy
support).

I'd also like to propose to think about refactoring the login computation
(the getLoginUrl() method) into some pluggable component. Currently, for
the buji-pac4j extension, I have a custom behaviour to compute the login
url and I need to subclass all filters to implement it (
https://github.com/bujiio/buji-pac4j/tree/master/servlet/src/main/java/io/buji/pac4j/filter
).

Thanks.
Best regards,