shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Demers <brian.dem...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migration to Git
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2015 18:55:32 GMT
I work on a few projects that are mirrored to github (and have official git
repos somewhere else).  I use the github UI for browsing (when not looking
locally), and just push to the appropriate remote.  Even with the current
svn mirror this is useful.

But the current pull/push workflow of the svn mirror is a pain (in my
opinion)

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 2:45 PM, Les Hazlewood <lhazlewood@apache.org> wrote:

> Indeed.  And with things like rebasing, it's all pretty nice:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/docs/committer-practices.html
>
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 11:21 AM, Kalle Korhonen <
> kalle.o.korhonen@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 7:33 AM, jleleu <leleuj@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > A good suggestion actually, too bad it's not possible for ASF projects.
> > > I'm not sure using git brings many advantages other svn, where as
> using a
> > > UI over git (like Gitlab or Github) really makes the difference.
> > >

> > No matter how you slice it, branching and merging is far easier in Git
> than
> > in Subversion. I'd expect that to be the single biggest benefit for us
> > given that we have multiple live branches.
> >
> > Kalle

> completely

> > of

> > then,