shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Turner <incomm...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: About to make a 1.2.4 release
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2015 22:46:30 GMT
As long as the source and target flags are set right, it shouldn't matter what Java version
you use to actually perform the build--the emitted bytecode should still be compatible with
Java 6. (Shiro's source and target flags are currently set for Java 5, in fact, which further
reinforces this.)
Doesn't that issue just mean you need to run the build with Java 7 or Java 8? It doesn't seem
like this means you need to drop Java 6 support. Am I missing something?
Best regards,Bryan Turner