shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Jared Bunting <jared.bunt...@peachjean.com>
Subject Re: Initial steps toward 2.0
Date Thu, 16 May 2013 16:13:55 GMT
I'm on the fence on the Java version.  At my day job we are stuck on 1.6
and it seems we will be for the foreseeable future.  So we won't be able to
use Shiro 2.0 until we can convince all of our customers to switch (which I
don't see happening until Cloudera tells them to).

On the other hand, I'm advocating for an update here, and agree with the
general sentiment expressed by Les and Kalle.

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Thibault TIGEON
<thibault.tigeon@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think also that the integration with CDI will be a good thing for the
> next version (2).
>
> Rgds,
>
> Thibault
>

> 2013/5/14 Brian Demers <brian.demers@gmail.com>
>
> > I think this is a good idea
> >
> > On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 3:21 PM, Kalle Korhonen
> > <kalle.o.korhonen@gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> > > Don't have strong objections. I'm for JDK 1.7 for 2.0 for the same
> > reasons
> > > as Les. What I see is a small percentage of companies still on JDK 1.5
> > for
> > > whatever reasons but those on JDK 1.6 either planning on upgrading to
> JDK
> > > 1.7 or have already done so (but that's all anecdotal). We could even
> > test
> > > the waters with an eventual alpha release of 2.0 with JDK 1.7 and if
> that
> > > doesn't fly too well, we could still downgrade in beta/GA release.
> > >
> > > Kalle
> > >

> > > On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 12:04 PM, Les Hazlewood <lhazlewood@apache.org

> brian.demers@gmail.com>
> adoption