shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Shiro Spring Cleaning!
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 14:03:28 GMT
On 04/21/2013 05:31 PM, Les Hazlewood wrote:

> Additionally, these docs should live in perpetuity.  This way, as
> Shiro end-user, I know if I'm using Shiro 2.0.5 for example, I know I
> only need to go to the 2.0.5 docs and I don't have to worry about
> extraneous or invalid documentation that doesn't affect me.  So I
> would expect to see something like this:
>
> http://shiro.apache.org/docs/1.2.2/
> http://shiro.apache.org/docs/2.0.0/
> http://shiro.apache.org/docs/2.0.5/
> etc.

That seems like a lot of maintenance work for a volunteer project, I
don't think most devs can afford to spend inordinate amounts on time on
non-technical stuff like that.  Instead of needing to replicate 2.0.5,
2.0.4, 2.0.3, etc., perhaps just having docs for major release versions
(1.2.x, 2.x, etc.) would be best.  How Karaf does docs:
http://karaf.apache.org/index/documentation.html with the URL having
"latest" in it (i.e., "latest-2.3.x") so it's always good may be a good
approach.

Glen