shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.am...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New user registration through Shiro
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 17:33:22 GMT
Hi Brian,

I was also looking for User Management through Shiro some time back.
But end up writing my own code to write to LDAP. Even thought there
are number of permutations to store user information, I believe its
beneficial to have a generic model to write to LDAP.

Even during authentication Shiro uses a DN template. To my
understanding if users are stored in multiple OU's Shiro will not be
able to  do authentication. Cos we can give only a single DN pattern.
(Please correct me if I am wrong)

In most of the cases, users are stored in a single OU and roles are
stored in a another OU. Assuming this structure we can build an API
which does user and role management.

Thank you
Regards,
Amila