shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Add OAuth support for Shiro
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 17:27:59 GMT
Hi Jerome,

It looks pretty good, although I'm not sure we can force a Scribe-Up
dependency on everyone who wants to use OAuth.  IMO, the base OAuth
support module should support a single OAuth 3rd party library and
minimize the number of dependencies.

Perhaps additional oauth extensions (e.g. scribe-up) can be added in
addition to the core OAuth module.

On a side note, one personal frustration I have with Scribe is that it
does not support re-computing the OAuth signature on HTTP Redirects.
This is bad for REST APIs for example, which can often use HTTP
redirects for resource relocation.  There should be a better solution
IMO.

--
Les Hazlewood | @lhazlewood
CTO, Stormpath | http://stormpath.com | @goStormpath | 888.391.5282