shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Complete CAS remember-me support
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 16:45:22 GMT
On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 11:04 AM, jleleu <leleuj@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for making things clear. As I saw the same source code in buji-cas as
> in shiro-cas, I was a bit confused on the strategy.

This was unfortunate.  I think Jason automatically put *all* support
modules in buji 'just in case'.  Things that are currently in Shiro's
support modules will stay in Shiro's support modules until the dev
team discusses otherwise.

> So here is my official proposal / request to Shiro's dev team :
> - can we remove CAS support from Shiro core and move it into buji-cas ?
> - can I get the lead on the buji-cas extension (meaning commit access on
> buji-cas) as I know both CAS and Shiro and as I'm willing to maintain and
> improve this extension ?

I don't know that it makes sense to move CAS just yet.  Let's get some
open discussion on this first.

Thanks again for the feedback - this is helpful!

Best,

--
Les Hazlewood | @lhazlewood
CTO, Stormpath | http://stormpath.com | @goStormpath | 888.391.5282