shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Kalle Korhonen <kalle.o.korho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failed releases and Apache Rat
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 05:18:15 GMT
On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 10:02 PM, Les Hazlewood <lhazlewood@apache.org> wrote:
> mvn release:prepare works
> mvn release:perform fails when it gets to the support/web module.  I'm
> too frustrated and tired to debug further (I've tried everything from
> different Maven versions to upgrading plugin versions to latest
> stable, etc - all to no effect).  Can someone (Kalle?) take a look and
> figure out why this may be the case?

The only thing I can think of is the updated release plugin version
that caused it but could be anything. The release plugin is known to
be brittle which is why "if it ain't broke don't fix it" is often the
safest, then again everything else keeps moving along as well and
sometimes plugins need to catch up. Anyway, I know it sucks. I'm off
on a business trip to Europe in a few hours so I can't do anything do
anything about before early next week. We've had a few issues with, so
I'll do a few hard practice runs with it (a real release, we may need
to skip a few micro release numbers). That's the only way to know if
it really works end-to-end.

Kalle