shiro-dev mailing list archives

From jleleu <lel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add OAuth support for Shiro
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 19:19:00 GMT
Hi,

Two months ago, I proposed a patch to add OAuth client support to Shiro
(SHIRO-119) by a new module : shiro-oauth. It was based on the ScribeUP
(1.0.0) library I created for handling user profile after OAuth
authentication (https://github.com/leleuj/scribe-up).

I had an initial feedback from Kalle, I created a web app demo :
https://github.com/leleuj/scribe-up-shiro-demo, gave some answers and
proposed to create a "login resolver" concept (a bit like the entry point in
Spring security) to manage login urls and avoid creating specific filters
for OAuth support. But I didn't get any new feedback on this idea. At least,
specific OAuth filters (even if they are inelegant) are not invasive for the
Shiro core.

I believe OAuth is a mainstream protocol and supporting OAuth is a must-have
feature for the Shiro project. I've made enhancements for the version 1.1.0
of my ScribeUP library. I upgrade the shiro-oauth module to use this new
version. I update the JIRA ticket SHIRO-119 with my new SVN patch and my
updated documentation.

I hope that the Shiro community get more interest in the OAuth client
support I propose.

Thanks.
Best regards,
Jérôme