shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Bubba <bu...@hines57.com>
Subject Extending SubjectContext
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 16:05:47 GMT
I would like to extend
https://github.com/apache/shiro/blob/trunk/web/src/main/java/org/apache/shiro/web/subject/WebSubjectContext.java
WebSubjectContext  in order to inject my own application specific
information into the subject. However, I don't see a trivial way to do this.

It appears that I would need to extend WebSubjectContext, then extend
WebSubject, and  WebSecurityManager (perhaps others) in order to make them
all aware of the new SubjectContext.

I'm hopeful that I'm missing something simple in the configuration that
would allow me to simply extend the SubjectContext and make the rest of
Shiro aware of the modification.

I believe it's possible to affect the same sort of thing by sticking this
information in a session for the subject and then getting it from there as
needed. But then what would be the point of having a SubjectContext?

Thanks in advance!