shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Shiro 1.2.0
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 18:28:33 GMT
Ok, sounds good.

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 8:10 AM, Kalle Korhonen
<kalle.o.korhonen@gmail.com> wrote:
> -1 because openid4j was released. Let's remove the tag and re-stage.
>
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 5:22 AM, Jared Bunting
> <jared.bunting@peachjean.com> wrote:
>> 1. It seems that the 96M was not enough for Jenkins, despite it being
>> enough to run locally.  I've reopened the ticket (SHIRO-338) with a
>> comment.  Not sure how the rest of the team feels, but I'd prefer to
>> see that problem go away before a release.
>
> Agree that the CI build needs to be stable to be useful but it has no
> bearing on the release.

Agreed - I'd like to see it fixed, but it has no bearing on the
release.  I'll up the MAVEN_OPTS even further to see what happens, but
the Jenkins server is notoriously underpowered and not a reliable
indicator of build healthyness IMO.  If the team prefers, I can open
up Katasoft's integration server (TeamCity) and allow it to be used as
well as Jenkins, being that it is far more reliable.  We can talk
about this in another thread if it is something you guys would like to
do.

>> 2. We had discussed waiting for 1.3.0M1 to release the openid4j module,
>> once it was fully flushed out and tested.  However, I noticed that it's
>> included in the 1.2.0 release.  I haven't really been following the
>> development of it, but I'm assuming this means that we're releasing a
>> incomplete module?  Do we want to include that in the 1.2.0 release, or
>> should we wait until 1.3.0M1 for the initial openid4j release?
>
> I think Les just forgot to remove it from the branch before making the release.

Yep, I forgot - everything built and deployed successfully.  I'll cut
another release right away.

Thanks _very_ much for reviewing this stuff.  I thought I caught
everything, but at midnight after a 15 hour day, some things fall
through the cracks.

Cheers,

--
Les Hazlewood