shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Prepping for the Shiro 1.2.0 release
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 21:47:27 GMT
Hi team,

Over the last 2 weeks, it appears that we were finally able to whittle
down all of the most pressing bugs and issues.

There are a few outstanding issues attributed to 1.2 but none of them
are bugs.  We've waited so long to release 1.2, I personally don't
feel the outstanding issues are worth holding the 1.2 release up
further.  Here are the outstanding 1.2 issues (5 'improvement's and 1
'new feature'):

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+SHIRO+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%221.2.0%22+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide

Additionally, the latest non-Jira-generated release notes are here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/trunk/RELEASE-NOTES

I would have liked the OpenID4J support module to be fully flushed
out, but it's not fully tested (I'd say its at about 85% complete).
My desire is to release 1.2 now and release the OpenId4J module in a
1.3.0 M1 (milestone 1) release shortly enough after 1.2 is released.
We've traditionally been rather lax on 'release early, release often',
which is a behavior I'd like to change if at all possible.

So, in summary, I'd like to release 1.2.0 asap and put OpenId4J
support module in a milestone release that isn't too far behind 1.2.

Thoughts?

Best,

--
Les Hazlewood