shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Shiro 1.2.0 (2nd attempt)
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 21:51:11 GMT
I was trying to be consistent with the actual release version number,
since that is most relevant when perhaps needing to do a checkout (or
perusal) from SVN at a later date.  The 'shiro-root' prefix is a
side-effect of maven, not something that should be reflected in SVN
IMO.

i.e. I find this much better:

trunk
branches/1.2.x
branches/1.3.x
tags/1.1.0
tags/1.2.0
tags/1.2.1
etc

This is much nicer and consistent than something that could change
based on pom configuration IMO.

Is the existing tag something that would prevent you from voting?  I'd
_really_ not want to do another release again (which I think I'd have
to do to ensure the maven <scm> tags are consistent, right?).  I've
spent 4+ hours on this process already (fighting with the site plugin,
gpg, re-releasing, etc)  :/

Les

P.S. I do agree that we should be consistent - my hope is that we can
formalize this consistency after this release.  I just didn't think it
was a big deal at the time I guess.