shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Cristiano GaviĆ£o <cvgav...@gmail.com>
Subject Deprecation of org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.IniShiroFilter
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 20:41:41 GMT
Shiro dev guys,

I'm sent this mail to ask about the deprecation of
org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.IniShiroFilter.

As I try to explain in the user list, the OSGi Spec for HTTP does not
provide a way to register Filter neither Listeners.

But the HTTP API provided by both of the most used osgi containers (Equinox
and Felix) provides a way to register Filters, but lacks a way to register
Listeners.

Don't know when this can happen, actually. People from IBM told me that
maaaaybe it could happen in next version of the OSGi Spec.

So, I would like to ask to the Shiro team to review such deprecation for
now.

regards,

Cristiano