shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Jared Bunting <jared.bunt...@peachjean.com>
Subject Re: SHIRO-283 design: supporting both Form & BASIC authc simultaneously
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 03:55:16 GMT
Well, I thought that I had replied to this, but it doesn't appear that I
did.

The difference is that, if AUTH information is provided it is accepted.
If it is not and the application later throws an "UnauthorizedException"
then the filter will perform the challenge method.

That being said, your explanation of the contract of the
AuthenticatingFilter makes sense.  Since I'm not really sure of a better
way of solving this without significant change to the filters, I'm fine
with removing this and revisiting with composition-based filters in a
later release.

Thanks,
Jared