shiro-dev mailing list archives

From jleleu <lel...@gmail.com>
Subject Add OAuth support for Shiro
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 18:29:13 GMT
Hi Les,

I'm the guy who proposed the CAS support for Shiro (SHIRO-285).
Recently, I proposed a new module to the CAS community to add support for
OAuth to CAS server : https://github.com/Jasig/cas/pull/32. It will be
integrated in CAS version 3.5 (spring 2012).

For Shiro, I reused the OAuth client part of this CAS module and made some
enhancements to create an OAuth module and add support for OAuth in Shiro.
This shiro-oauth module allows user to protect their application with Shiro
and authenticates in Facebook, Yahoo, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter or Github.
After authentication, user gets their profile from the OAuth provider.
You just have to define a specific filter, realm and roles filter with a
specific OAuth provider (Facebook, Yahoo...)

Is the Shiro community interested by the OAuth support ? I hope so...
May I create a JIRA for OAuth support in Shiro ? Can it be planned for
release 1.3.0 ?

Thanks.
Best regards,
Jérôme